We are looking for a talented and highly-motivated backend developer to build and maintain services at Talka, joining our engineering team in one of our Lisbon, Toronto or Silicon Valley offices.
Engineers at Talka are expected to get things done, while exercising a great degree of critical thinking, creativeness and innovativeness in their solutions to our problems. As a backend developer at our startup you will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying a multitude of services. You will work closely with our frontend and ML developers to promptly deploy cutting edge ML applications.
• Deliver and maintain our services and APIs;
• Designing and implementing successful ML pipelines by working closely with the ML team;
• Implement solutions for data storage;
• Participate in the backend design process, steering the team’s decisions and providing constructive criticism.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant industrial experience;
• Solid understanding of backend architectures and their trade-offs;
• Experience with database systems (SQL or NoSQL);
• Excellent Python skills;
• Backend development experience;
• Experience with GCP, Azure or AWS cloud platform;
• Great communication skills;
• Proven ability to deliver quality code within budget and time constraints;
• Experience with microservice architecture (Bonus);
• Experience with machine learning development is a plus (Bonus).