We are looking for a talented, experienced and highly-motivated backend developer to build and maintain services at Talka, joining our engineering team in one of our Lisbon, Toronto or Silicon Valley offices.
Engineers at Talka are expected to get things done, while exercising a great degree of critical thinking, creativeness and innovativeness in their solutions to our problems. As a backend developer at our startup you will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying a multitude of services. You will work closely with our frontend and ML developers to promptly deploy cutting edge ML applications.
• Leading and managing a team of engineers to deliver and maintain our services and APIs;
• Designing and implementing successful ML pipelines by working closely with the ML team;
• Implement solutions for data storage;
• Participate in the backend design process, steering the team’s decisions and providing constructive criticism;
• Estimating and managing project timelines and risk;
• Mentoring junior backend engineers.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant industrial experience;
• Solid understanding of backend architectures and their trade-offs;
• Solid understanding of DevOps flow;
• Solid understanding of the modern CI/CD pipeline;
• Experience with database systems (SQL or NoSQL);
• Excellent Python skills;
• Experience with GCP, Azure or AWS cloud platform;
• At least 3 years of backend development experience;
• Experience with developing REST or GraphQL API;
• Great communication skills;
• Proven ability to deliver quality code within budget and time constraints;
• Experience with microservice architecture (Bonus);
• Experience with machine learning development is a plus (Bonus);
• Experience with developing authentication systems relying on OAuth 2.0 protocol (Bonus).