We are looking for a talented, experienced and highly-motivated frontend developer to build and maintain Talka’s interfaces, joining our engineering team in one of our Lisbon, Toronto or Silicon Valley offices.
Engineers at Talka are expected to get things done, while exercising a great degree of critical thinking, creativeness and innovativeness in their solutions to our problems. As a frontend developer at our startup you will be responsible for creating and strengthening the interfaces that serve our clients. You will work closely with our backend and ML developers to promptly deploy cutting edge ML applications.
• Lead or contribute significantly to large feature releases, frequently involving multiple employees across engineering and research teams;
• Being an expert in one or more technical areas;
• Participate in the frontend design process, steering the team’s decisions and providing constructive criticism;
• Estimating and managing project timelines and risk;
• Mentoring junior frontend engineers.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant industrial experience;
• Understanding of UX/UI best practices;
• At least 3 years of frontend development experience;
• Great communication skills;
• Proven ability to deliver quality code within budget and time constraints.